A childhood classic elevated with cannabutter to make Aunt Karen’s complaining sound like a distant babbling brook this holiday season. Eat the cookies on their own, or make decedent buttercream Whoopie Pies, because….why not!? Treat yourself this holiday season, it’s been a year.
✔️1 ¾ cups sugar, divided
✔️2 Tbs ground cinnamon
✔️1 ½ tsp. ground cardamom
✔️½ tsp freshly ground nutmeg
✔️½ tsp ground cloves
✔️1 tsp Kosher salt, divided
✔️2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
✔️2 tsp Cream of tartar
✔️1 tsp Baking soda
✔️1 cup butter (½ cup cannabutter, ½ cup unsalted butter) at room temp
✔️2 large eggs
✔️1 ½ tsp water with (4) drops of orange extract (if you have it)
✔️1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves & 1/4 tsp salt. Set aside. Stir together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, & 3/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter & 1.5 cups sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time. Beat in water & vanilla. Add flour mixture, on low speed, until just combined.
3. Use a table spoon to scoop cookie dough, and shape into balls. Rolls balls in spice mixture until coated. Arrange 3″ apart on baking sheets. Bake for about 12 minutes.
✔️1 cup butter (cannabutter, or a combination), room temperature
✔️(You can also add RSO, FECO or Distillate to the frosting to make it infused. Just be sure to evenly, fully incorporate the cannabis product into the frosting.)
✔️3 cups powdered sugar
✔️¼ tsp Salt
✔️1 tbs Vanilla extract + ½ tsp Orange extract
✔️Up to 4 tbs Of heavy cream
1. Beat softened butter for 1 min with a mixer using the paddle attachment on medium speed.
2. Add 3 cups of powdered sugar with your mixer on the lowest speed. The mixture will look clumpy.
3. Increase mixer to medium & add vanilla extract, salt & 2 tbs of cream. Beat until whipped, fluffy & creamy.
4. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add cream 1 tablespoon at a time.